ASA International India Microfinance Ltd.
Empowering through Innovative Microfinance
|Board of Directors|
|Mr. Dirk Machgielis Brouwer||Chairperson||
· Master in Economics from University of Rotterdam, MBA from Stanford University.
· Experience: Worked for more than 7 years at Merrill Lynch in London as Managing Director & Head of Benelux Investment Banking,
· Worked for more than 7 years with PaineWebber in London & New York focusing on M&As, leveraged buyouts & private equity.
Promoter Director of Holding Company ASA International Holding
|Md. Enamul Haque||Non- Executive Director||
· Master Degree in Social Science from University of Dhaka;
· Worked as team leader for UNDP/MSP project in Nigeria, Philippines, Kashf Foundation & Bank of Kaiber in Pakistan & as a consultant for Save the Children (USA) in Jordan;
· Specialist on products design, system development related to operations, MIS, market feasibility study, institutional capacity building and trainers, etc;
· Chief Operating Officer of ASA International Holding
A K M Aminur
|Non- Executive Director||
· Master’s Degree in Science, Dhaka University, Bangladesh.
· Twenty-five years of experience and progressive responsibility in the planning, managing and implementing of microfinance programs in competitive and challenging operating environments.
· He is also the Executive Director (Operation and Management), ASA International.
|Mohammed Azim Hossain||Non- Executive Director||
· Master’s degree from the University of Dhaka and a Diploma in Project Management from Denmark and has worked as a consultant to various MFIs in countries like Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, Philippines, Yemen, Cambodia and Indonesia;
· Joined ASA Bangladesh in 1984 and performing as a Director of Finance & MIS since 1992 & has vast experience in product development and lending methodology in the microfinance sector as well as financial management, accounting system design, business planning, financial forecasting and performing analysis.
· Also in charge of ASA NGO Partnership Build-up Program, where small NGOs/MFIs are receiving financial and technical support from ASA.
Director of Investment & Treasury of ASA International Holding
|Mr.Ashim Kumar Roy||Independent Director||
· M. Sc. in Applied Mathematics from Dhaka University;
· Served in Agrani Bank as Probationary Officer from 1973 to 1976;
· After qualifying in Bangladesh Civil Services (BCS), Mr. Roy joined Taxation Cadre in 1977 and served as Asst. Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Addl. Commissioner and Commissioner of Taxes;
· In the year 2003, Mr. Roy joined National Board of Revenue (the highest body of making tax policy in Bangladesh) as its member (Taxes);
After retirement in the year 2004, he established a Tax Consultancy Firm and rendering professional services as Tax Advisor of different financial institutions including Banks, Insurance Companies, NGO’s and big business houses.
|Ms. Dolly Guha||Independent Director||
· Masters in Psychology from Delhi University & M.Ed. from Jammu University;
· Joined as Probationary Officer in State Bank of India in 1987;
· In the year 2007 she was awarded as Best Manager for being one of the best performers in Bengal Circle;
· She was also the Chairperson of the Committee on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace for entire Bengal Circe of State Bank of India from 2007 to 2012;
In the year 2013, she retired voluntarily as Assistant General Manager.
Mr. Anjan Dasgupta
· Graduate in Finance from Mumbai University and a CA finalist;
· More than 30 years of Banking, Finance and Microfinance experience in addition to wide experience in Livelihood interventions and proven experience in restructuring and revival of financially troubled Banks and Financial organizations;
· Prior to joining ASA India, he was CFO in Saija, Bihar, a largest state grown Microfinance NBFC jointly owned by ACCION, USA;
· Prior to joining Microfinance sector, he was a result oriented Banker heading a Bank as MD in Gangtok, Sikkim;
Heading India operations of ASA as Managing Director
|Mr. Ashish Singh||Nominee Director||
· B.E.Electronics – Mumbai University,
· PGDM, Systems, Marketing from IIM-Lucknow
Ashish Singh, B.E, MBA, is Executive Vice President and part of the leadership team of Bharat Banking, the rural banking business of IDFC Bank. He holds dual responsibility for the business P&L delivery through the branch network and strategic alliances as well as the role of Product Head for the asset business of Bharat Bank. Ashish has over 17 years of experience across the retail banking and financial services sector with particular focus on rural markets. Prior to joining IDFC Bank, Ashish has been associated with key organizations like Fullerton India and ICICI Bank.